That's right. Still in bed and you can begin your day with yoga. It will make all the difference in the world for pain management and stress.
1. Breath. take a few deep inhales, hold the breath, then exhale all through the nose.
inhale fo r 4-6 seconds. Hold for 8-10. then exhale for 8-12. Use your muscles to breath. all the core, and ribs. Big belly on the inhale. and while exhaling push it out slow and easy, use the muscles to assist with getting every last drop of air out! Do for about 6-10 rounds.
2. Lie on your tummy and do a cobra pose in bed. Push your chest forward and up. Try to keep the feet together and push the pubic bone into the bed. Breath for about 3-5 slow breaths in the pose.
Do this a few more times. Do not strain the neck. No need for that.
3. Roll over and hug your legs. Reaching your chin towards your knees, then relase and push your knees into your hands as you elongate your spine (like you are creating an imprint of your spine into the bed).
4. Spinal twist. One side then the other. Hold for 5-10 breaths. Knees are to the side. Lower legs and feet are toward the bottom of the bed. Push your hips away from your head and elongate the spine again. You may turn your head away from your knees.
5. Puppy pose. Roll onto tummy. lift ont knees. thighs are now vertical. arms stretched as far as possible towards the headboard. Hold for 5-8 breaths. Puppy pose is the picture below.
It's about time to get up now and start the day. Enjoy it!
Debbie Krejci E-RYT 500
Yoga Teacher Training Mexico, Costa Rica, 2019
Yoga teacher training Uvita Costa Rica
Yoga Maya Uvita