So you have been toying with the thought of taking a YTT in Costa Rica (or somewhere else maybe) have you now?
Well, think it over a bit more and see if any of these resonate with you.
1. You will learn more yoga (physical yoga and other things related to yoga) and you will learn how to do the poses correctly.
Remember how you received some well deserved help when you learned how to ride a bike? And they were cheering you on? And it was amazing? That’s a bit like a YTT. Lots of help from your teachers in correct positioning of at least 50+ commonly used poses. Alignment is key to prevent injury. With a good teacher you will feel poses differently in the body and your yoga will get stronger.
2. As I just mentioned. Your yoga will get stronger. You will gain muscle in your body in needed areas. Your upper body's proper alignment in chaturanga for example will create tremendous strength. Chaturanga is a VERY demanding pose and is often done incorrectly.
3. Friends. And we are talking about the best kind of friends. Like minded friends!
Granted I love yoga. I do it for a living. I love sharing yoga. People who come to yoga teacher trainings have many things in common. It is truly a blessing to be around health conscious, like minded people and often wonderful life-long friendships arise from a few weeks of a YTT together.
4. You will learn how to express yourself.
Sometimes it's hard to feel ok with what you feel and say. Listening to others share their journey will not only make you look at your own life with a little less judgement (and their lives too) and a lot more love but you will learn what works and what doesn't work for you. Sharing enriches lives. When you share you also receive in return. This creates an openness in dialog that lets you feel less guarded in your self expression.
5. Travel. Unplug. Technically this should be 5 and 6 but you get the idea. Travel is good for the mind, body and soul. Always travel when you can! Unplugging from work and social media are immensely important in today's world of overstimulation.
Debbie Krejci E-RYT 500
Yoga Teacher Training Mexico, Costa Rica, 2019
Yoga teacher training Uvita Costa Rica
Yoga Maya Uvita